Update: We now have Riese and Müller demo models at St. Louis Park and Excelsior. Come test ride!
Interested in the best custom ebike brand in the world?
Riese & Müller is an exclusive brand manufactured out of Germany. Their ebikes are custom-configured and built with the highest quality components, including the Bosch electrical system. Riese & Müller will give you an electric bike that performs better than anything you've ridden and will match electrical and mechanical innovations most significant in the industry. This page is meant to outline some of the custom options you can choose when configuring one of their ebikes. We try to make it digestible and simple so that you know which options will get you the custom-built ebike that you've been searching for.
What it looks like to custom order a Riese & Müller:
Right now, there are roughly sixteen different ebike models offered at Riese & Müller. You're able to select various component options when you configure one of their model variations which are divided by the drivetrain options. Their model variations range from four to nine build options per model.
Begin configuring your custom order by following this link.
Let's start with the first selection you have to make: the drivetrain, which is the system of components that allow the bike to go. This can include the pedals, the chain or belt, and the mechanisms that provide gear ratios. Note: Options vary by model. You'll often see a product that includes "GT" or "HS." The GT stands for Grand Touring and is meant to indicate that this model can be used for long distance riding. The "HS" stands for High Speed and will include the Bosch Performance Line Speed motor enabling the ebike to travel up to 28 mph. An ebike with the word "Mixte" in its name means that it is a mid-step frame, making it easier to mount and dismount the ebike.
- Touring/ Touring HS/ Light option: This option includes either a Shimano Deore 10-Speed, Deore XT 11 or 12-speed derailleur. The Deore series is a long-standing optimized system that's been around for over 30 years. The components are lightweight and easily replaceable.
- Vario/ Vario HS option: This option has the Enviolo 380, a continuous hub gear. Instead of shifting with the standard derailleur, cogs, and a chain, this hub contains a system of internal planetary gears and a Gates Carbon Belt. The Enviolo 380 is an innovative system that offers the rider a smooth and stepless transition between gears. It's equipped with the Enviolo twist grip shifter, a comfortable shifting mechanism. Riese & Müller models may also offer the Enviolo Automatique internally geared hub. This is an electric automatic shifting system that can be customized to your personal cadence.
- Rohloff/ Rohloff HS option: The Rohloff E-14 Speedhub 500/14 is a sophisticated, high-end component paired with the Gates Carbon Belt. This is an electric synchronized shifting system that works in harmony with the mid-drive motor. The large gear-range is just as desirable as the seamless and comfortable performance of the Rohloff hub. This is virtually a maintenance-free component that is built to last. This comes with the handlebar-mounted electronic shifter.
I chose my drivetrain, what's next?
The next step after you select "configure" will be to select the frame color. Surprisingly, this may not be the easiest option! But unlike most manufacturers, Riese & Müller's digital product images do an excellent job representing how the colors appear in person. You will not feel deceived!
Next option to select is the frame size. Note that not all frame variations can be offered for every model. If you're having a difficult time deciding on a frame size, contact us and we will do our best to fit you for the correct size.
The cockpit is where the Bosch display is located. The next step will be to decide which display will best suit your desired riding experience. Let's dive deeper into these display models and briefly explain what makes them stand out. Not all of their display models are compatible with every ebike variation.
Bosch display options:
The Purion, compact and pure:
This is their "No cockpit" option. This display is located off on the side of the handlebar and not at the center. Ideal for those who want a simple ebike experience where they won't be distracted.
* Clearly arranged
* Optimal readability
* Service interval display
* Ebike diagnostics using USB
The Intuvia, clever and clear:
This is their most simple and intuitive center-mounted display. All of the relevant riding information is clearly shown, including a clock feature. The control unit is positioned separately by the grip and encourages optimal control.
* Maximize ease of use and good readability
* Shift recommendation for optimum range
* Service interval display
* Also functions when taken off
The Kiox, sporty and techy:
This display is small and compact without losing any desired capabilities. It offers all of the classic functions of a computer and everything that a sporty rider needs. This is one of the Bosch display models that uses the eBike Connect smartphone app and the eBike-Connect online portal. Get access to your ride data.
* Bluetooth connection to the eBike Connect app
* Perfect legibility thanks to the high-resolution color display
* Automatic synchronization, including for the Kiox software updates
* Practical magnetic mount; removable
The Nyon, connectivity:
This is ideal for a rider who wants to know everything about their ebike and the ride ahead. Ideal for long-distance riders or for someone who likes the larger bright display. It boasts next generation eBike connectivity beyond the online portal and smartphone app. The Nyon has new map data, a redesigned keyboard layout, additional route planning features, altitude display and improved presentation of individual sports performance. Just...wow.
* Bluetooth connection to the eBike Connect app
* Route planning
* Intuitive route changes
* Altitude display in navigation screen
* DualBattery display
* Displays current energy consumption
The SmartPhoneHub, intelligent:
An innovative way to integrate your mobile device to your ebike physically and digitally. Through the COBI.Bike app, the hub can become an intelligent control center that navigates, records activities, and connects them to the other services and apps. Use your ebike even when you want a break from the screen, put the phone away and use the integrated 1.52-inch LC display.
* Bike navigation with 2D or 3D map view with voice output.
* The COBI.Bike app offers real-time fitness data, recording options for rides, access to music and audiobook streaming services.
* Works even without the smartphone present.
The Kiox 300, innovative:
This newly updated Kiox display is a part of the new Bosch Smart System. The Smart System is made up of the eBike Flow app, the Powertube 750, the LED remote control center, and this Kiox 300 display. It continues to offer its rider fitness and riding data information and facilitating an assessment for riding modes that best suit the route. With the Smart System, update your ebike over the Cloud without having to take it into your dealer and go far with the extra battery range.
* Compact display that's easy to read at all times.
* Reliably protected against splash water and dust.
* Customizable display holder.
Next, the Bosch battery.
Most of Riese & Müller's ebikes come standard with the Bosch Powertube 500(Wh) or 625(Wh). Upgrades can include moving up to the Powertube 750(Wh) or a dual battery option. When making your selection, consider that more batteries or battery power will dramatically increase your range. Riders often begin to double and triple their mileage once they get an ebike so consider what battery power will work best for you and future you. The one setback to a dual battery option is weight. An extra battery will make your ebike heavier and more difficult to lift. But don't worry, their batteries are removeable!
Kits, Carriers, Equipment options, & Abus locks:
For some of their models, you may be prompted with the "Comfort Kit" option. This provides a handlebar that is slightly curved by the grips. This can benefit a rider who is looking to get some pressure relief at their palms and emphasize a softer shoulder position.
A front carrier may sometimes come stock, like with the Multicharger, or this may be an upgrade option. There can be options for a front carrier, a cargo front carrier (this looks more like a basket than simply a platform), and a front carrier bag.
Equipment options include the "GX option," which equips your ebike with tires that have more aggressive tread for off-road riding. The Schwalbe Smart Sam Plus tires are exceptional and have a 3mm protective cover around the inner tube. This is great coverage for puncture resistance! If you ride mostly on standard paths, we would suggest sticking to the standard option. We can always help you find more aggressive tires later on.
Lastly, Riese & Müller outfits their ebikes with with an Abus lock, often a café lock or a bordo. The same keys that come with the ebike intended to be used to remove the battery are also compatible with this lock.
Depending on the model, there may be other upgrades and customizations. If you have any questions regarding those or about the information above, don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Configuring your ebike on Riese & Müller's website and finalizing the purchase with us:
Although you may look at the models on our website, you cannot purchase one of their ebikes online, you must go through a dealer (Powerbikes.com).
After you've configured your ebike, you can send a purchase request through Riese & Muller and then we will be given your contact information so that we may follow-up with you to complete the purchase. You may also print off your configuration as a PDF and bring it in for us to finalize it with you in-person, email it to us so we can discuss it with you, or give us a call and have your configuration code at the ready.
While every ebike made by Riese & Müller is custom-configured, at Powerbikes.com we do have some of their ebikes to test-ride and for purchase, in-store only.
Interested in scheduling a test-ride, or just in learning more about the Riese & Müller difference from someone on our Sales team?Book Now